- NEXICLON XR is the first and only FDA-approved once-daily oral clonidine for the treatment of hypertension.1
- NEXICLON XR (clonidine) extended release tablets are indicated for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension.)2
- NEXICLON XR may be prescribed alone or with other medicines to treat hypertension.2
- NEXICLON XR tablets gradually release clonidine over the course of the day.
Contraindications: Patients who are allergic to clonidine should not take NEXICLON XR.
What is clonidine?3
Clonidine is an antihypertensive medicine that lowers blood pressure and heart rate by relaxing the arteries and increasing the blood supply to the heart. Clonidine has been used by physicians to control high blood pressure in patients for more than 40 years.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Orange Book: Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations. Accesses August, 1, 2021.
- NEXICLON XR [prescribing information]. Athens, GA: Athena Bioscience LLC; 2021.
- National Institutes of Health. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK459124/. Accessed March 16, 2021.